Speaker, Trainer, and Author – Nourish Your Career
(For a listing of upcoming events and workshops, please see Events & Updates)
The world of work is changing before our eyes. How do you nurture your career and make a difference, while creating space for a whole life? My presentations and workshops, based on the Nourish Your Career™ philosophy, are designed to guide you in finding a path and the tools, tips, and resources that will help you thrive in your career and your life.
Selected Speaking and Writing Projects:
- Author, Nourish Your Career – Recipes to help you thrive in your work and life
- Speaker/Presenter, Middle Atlantic Career Counseling Association
- Guest Expert, Careerwell Interviews (career professionals are the primary audience)
- Trainer/Presenter, Workforce Excellence Group
- Speaker/Presenter, Raising the Bar Conference (for career and workforce professionals)
- Panelist, Voice of Careers (hosted by JobAngels founder, Mark Stelzner)
- Quoted in Alison Doyle’s About.com Job Searching articles (including articles on tips for choosing a résumé writing service and dealing with unemployment) and a Next Avenue (a PBS website) article on using social media
Selected Presentation Topics:
Discover Your Meaningful Work – A holistic approach to clarifying, exploring, and reaching your ideal career goals.
Social Media for Job Search and Career Management – Basic and advanced workshops on effective use of top social networks (with emphasis on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook).
The Successful Job Search – Create a plan for today’s job search: current trends, tips, and activities for a comprehensive job search plan customized to meet your needs and goals and capture employers’ attention.
Manage Your Career – Learn how to take charge of your career, rather than only focusing on finding the next job. Develop – and consciously use – a plan for actively leading your career and aligning it with the changes in your field and your life’s changing needs and priorities.
Your Encore Career – Focused on helping adults in mid-life and beyond identify and begin work (whether paid or unpaid) they find meaningful, and that honors and fits their current life, interests, values, and priorities.
For additional topics and customized training, please contact Shahrzad. Each of the above topics can be offered as a complete program or series of workshops, or as a single presentation focused on one aspect of the topic.
The workshops are especially relevant for: Women interested in meaningful work that aligns with their life; Adults (including small business owners) in career/life transition, and focused on managing their career and business well; Career professionals such as career counselors, advisors, and consultants; and Organizations (particularly non-profits) offering professional development opportunities as well as career management or transition assistance for their staff.