Saturday, October 1, 2016 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Are you on LinkedIn but are not sure what to do next? Do you have a feeling you’re not getting the most out of this professional social network? Want to use the power of LinkedIn to reach your next job, manage your career more effectively, and reach your career and business goals (but just haven’t been able to find the time or energy to learn how)? This workshop is for you!
NOTE: Registration for this workshop has now closed. Please do not click the payment/registration button!
“[Paula] offers regular training sessions on LinkedIn…and has become our ‘go to’ person to learn about the latest tricks and techniques. Her easygoing style and clear, step-by-step instructions take all the anxiety out of dealing with a new technology.” ~ Karen James Chopra, LPC, MCC, NCC
• Learn and put to use our tips, tricks, LinkedIn’s hidden gems, and little known facts that can make a big difference in your LinkedIn experience and the results you get (we’ve done the research for you!)
• Save time, effort, and frustration by accessing our expertise as trainers and experienced users of this valuable tool
• Find out what makes a compelling and effective profile; how to grow your network, research companies, establish your brand and show expertise in your field; use the site for research and professional development; and find and connect to career opportunities
• Get your specific, burning questions answered to ensure your LinkedIn strategy fits your individual goals
• Put the site to work when you’re in a confidential job search
• Leave the workshop with the knowledge you need to confidently use LinkedIn’s many features, build a stronger network, and effectively and consistently use the site for career and business success
Please note: attendees must have a LinkedIn account prior to the workshop and have basic familiarity with the site.
Paula Brand and Shahrzad Arasteh
Paula Brand is an avid user and proponent of LinkedIn. Many people call her a local expert on this topic. She is a career professional with extensive experience covering workforce development, education, human resources and career counseling, and a passion for helping people succeed in job search and career management.
As the founder of Brand Career Management (BCM), she enjoys educating others on getting the most of out of LinkedIn by training groups and working with individuals. Paula’s article, “GETTING MORE OUT OF LINKEDIN AND AVOIDING THE PITFALLS,” was published in Career Convergence, an online publication of the National Career Development Association.
Shahrzad Arasteh is a holistic career counselor and trainer, and founder of Career Consulting Services. She provides training, and career and professional development services to individuals, groups, and organizations; particularly those that are interested in making a positive, meaningful difference.
Shahrzad has provided training on LinkedIn and other social networks to adults interested in career success, career professionals, and organizations (including the Maryland Institute for Workforce Excellence and Middle Atlantic Career Counseling Association), and served as a panelist on Voice of Careers’ “Social Media for Job Seekers – what you need to know now.”
“Everyone came away with a deeper understanding of the purpose and uses of social networking. This is my third class on this topic with Shahrzad, and I still came away with five pages of notes! She answered all our questions.” ~ Beth Davis-Reinhold, Instructor and Career/Workforce Development Professional
Workshop Price: $ 127
Location: 839 Bestgate Road, Annapolis, MD (additional workshop information and directions will be emailed following registration)
*Free parking is available on site
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 (a waitlist will be available, after the deadline)
Cancellation Information: If you need to cancel before Monday, September 26, at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern), you will receive a refund (minus a $25 administrative fee). The workshop registration will not be refunded for missing the workshop, or a cancellation after this date.
Please note: attendees must have a LinkedIn account prior to the workshop, and have basic familiarity with the site.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
Or Call Paula at (443) 254-8173